Ian’s Auto Clinic would like to welcome you to its website (https://iansauto.co.za).
By viewing this website, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
The company shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts
According to these definitions, personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address.
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What data we collect and why
The information submitted to this website is used internally for appointment and contact information. We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- Respond to any query or comment received from you.
- Inform you of information relating to your vehicle and/or repairs.
- Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of goods and/or services.
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- To comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of our company.
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Ian’s Auto Clinic accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting therefrom.
How long we retain your data
Data collected is stored only for as long is necessary to contact set up appointments, and is regularly deleted as it becomes unneeded.
What rights you have over your data
If you have supplied us with personal information through a form on our website, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. This website only makes use of essential cookies.
Visitors who do not wish to have cookies placed on their computers may choose to block cookies, however some essential cookies are required for the website to function correctly.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.